In this area we wish to provide our customers with simple but important instructions for a good maintenance of our molds.
As a matter of fact, a suitable washing allows both an excellent result in the following production and a remarkable extension of the molds life.
It is necessary for the washings to be performed regularly, if a production cycle allows to do so.
In detail, we recommend for the molds to be stored perfectly clean.
The washing of the molds should be made preferably with specific washing machines for the molds washing, but the remarks you will find below may also be performed for hand washings.
- First of all we recommend never to remove the chocolate residues with rough clothes or sponges, because they would definitely damage the mold surface.
- The water used for washing must be demineralized because a high hardness of the water may compromise the surface of the molds letting halos after washing.
- The suggested temperature for washing should never exceed 50/55░ C. Even too high temperatures may damage the structure of the molds.
- The cleaning agent used must be a soft product, suitable to wash polycarbonate molds, or at least with a low alkaline content. Our company can provide a specific product to wash our molds; in any case, no matter you use our specific cleaning product or other products, we recommend to always follows the dosings indicated by the manufacturer.
- To rinse the molds, we recommend to add water to the rinse aids. Its action allows the water to slip away from the surface of the molds, avoiding thus any halo.
- Another very important feature is the water pressure used both in washing and rinsing the molds. We recommend that the pressure doe not exceed 2 bars.
- For any washing inside the mold washing machine, we have a final remark: the drying temperature should never exceed 70░ C.
Finally, we remind our customers that also a correct storage shall allow a greater life to our molds. Therefore we recommend to store the molds on perfectly flat surfaces and slightly lifted form the ground.
The molds must be packed in closed boxes and most of all far from the light or heat sources.